While ACCU-FAB routinely supports our customers from a New Product Introduction (NPI) and manufacturing perspective, our full-service engineering capabilities are far greater than your run-of-the-mill job shop. Utilizing Pro/ENGINEER software, our engineers offer support to our customers from a partial component or feature design to complete design project management.
With our extensive NPI capabilities, ACCU-FAB’s engineers work together to collaborate in the design process. Experience gained by serving a wide range of industries and markets has given us a broad knowledge of engineering materials, processes, and specifications.
Our core customers recognize that our involvement from the beginning of the design concept enables us to bring value to their projects throughout the product development process.
Sheet Metal Design Tips
- Ensure CAD models will unfold and allow for thickness and bend allowance changes
- Ensure bend allowance K factor is .40
- No holes or bend relief less than the material thickness
- Ensure bend reliefs extend past radius tangent
- Specify maximum inside bend radius (or)
- Inside bend radius equal to or greater than material thickness
- Forming is most often more economical than welding
- Minimum ½” spot weld flange
- Allow/specify tooling holes for welding alignment or use slots and tabs
- Galvanized (G90) material is more economical than plating
- Use similar material on assemblies
- Utilize standard tool cutout shapes
- When dimensioning drawings, formed angles 90° or greater dimension tangent of radius.
- When dimensioning drawings formed angles 89° or less, dimension outside intersection of radius