Accu-Fab has recently installed several pieces of new state of the art machinery to expand and improve our production capabilities as we continuously strive toward our goal of manufacturing EXCELLENCE. The following are our two newest additions:
- Amada EMK3612M2-T58 – Turret Punch and Automation –significantly adding to our existing automated Punch capacity
- Amada EN3015AJ-3k Fiber Laser 5 x 10 – 6k Fiber Laser and Loader – 6,000 watts of cutting power expanding our cutting speeds and the ability to cut thicker materials.
In an effort to reduce waste as well as improve efficiency, we have implemented a proprietary Paperless Documentation System. This will provide real-time information via information terminals placed in each work station throughout the plant. Fully implemented, each employee can both view and report consolidated key business metrics company-wide through this online system, to include
- Business Profitability & Revenue Goals, Projections and Real-time Performance
- Work Order/Router Information and Component/Process Specifications
- Floor Labor Reporting and Operator Efficiency
- Quality Reporting and Performance Metrics
- Internal Engineering Change Activity
- Continuous improvement Activity
- Internal Activities scheduled
- MSDS & Safety reporting
- AFI news of Interest
- New Job postings
In summary, our new PDS initiative accomplishes the following business objectives;
- The removal of the majority of paper documents and flow of paper on the manufacturing shop floor
- Provide and collect immediate up-to date critical business information in real-time
- Provide access to, and the collection of, valuable business information to all employees.
At Accu-Fab our most important assets are our employees! We want our employees to enjoy their work environment, and to bring the best of themselves to their jobs every day. We also believe encouraging employees to embrace fitness as a lifestyle choice pays off in numerous ways!
This past March, Accu-Fab hired a full-time trainer to help interested employees improve their level of health/fitness. Since March we have upgraded our workout facility and designed an “Accu-Fit” program which is available to all employees. Employees who elect to participate in “Accu-Fit” receive 2-3, one hour personal training sessions each week no cost. Our full time onsite personal trainer assists each employee in developing an exercise routine unique to their needs.
Last week we began our 4th company-wide 12 week training series. We are thankful to have Joseph Devai on board leading our Accu-Fit Program ensuring the Accu-Fab Team is healthier and better focused to serve our customer’s needs.